Orange Pineapple Beef
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-5 lb beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (20 oz) can of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) Piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place rack in center of the oven and preheat to 400. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
3. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper and brown on all sides for about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to baking sheet and cook about 40 minutes
5. Remove and tent with foil, allow to rest for 20 minutes
1. In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. In the same skillet used to brown beef, over medium high heat, add sauce, scrapping up brown bits. Simmer about 5 minutes.
To serve: slice meat ¼ inch thick and serve with sauce on the side.