Chicken, Apple, Herb Breakfast Sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Fuji or McIntosh apple
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- Chives for garnish
In a large, heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and apples and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and cool.
In a large bowl combine the chicken, pork, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Add the cooled onion mixture and mix well. On a plastic-covered surface, form the mixture into 8 (4-ounce) patties, about 3 inches in diameter each.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add 4 patties to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and serve hot.
Melt the butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, carefully crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 4 minutes for sunny-side up. Serve eggs with sausage and garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (421 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)