Sweet Peach Cake (Giada)
- Butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- One 15-ounce can sliced peaches in 100-percent juice, drained, patted dry with paper towels and coarsely chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
For the cake: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour a 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl until blended. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in a separate large bowl to blend. Stir in the chopped peaches. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out with no crumbs attached, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely, about 1 hour.
For the frosting: Beat the butter, cream, 2 tablespoons water and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until light and creamy, adding extra water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed. Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled loaf. Allow the frosting to set for 25 minutes. Cut the loaf into slices and serve.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/sweet-peach-cake-recipe.html?oc=linkback