Caramelized Apples And Pears With An Apple Sabayon
- 1/2 cup Calvados or other apple brandy
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- CARAMELIZED APPLES AND PEARS:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pear peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons apple brandy
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
For the Sabayon: In a double boiler, add the apple brandy. Add the eggs and begin whisking. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture is light and foamy, about 6 minutes. When the mixture is light and foamy and thickened, remove from the heat and set aside
For the Caramelized Apples And Pears: In a saute pan, melt the butter. Add the pears and apples, the brown sugar, the nutmeg and the cinnamon. Saute for 5 minutes, or until the fruit begins to soften. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the 3 tablespoons brandy. Carefully flambé the brandy.
When the flames go out, pour the apple mixture into a small baking dish. Top the mixture with the sabayon and place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, or until sabayon begins to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Bacon, Pear & Raspberry Grilled... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Pears with Cranberries, Pistachio... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)