Easy to make fresh strawberry sauce. Add it to your favorite ice cream.
- 3 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries break down, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla.
Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing against the solids; let cool completely. To store, cover and refrigerate up to 4 days.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Mojito 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Simple Grilled Vegetable Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Sriracha & Smoked Bacon... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Glazed Blueberry Cheese... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb White Chocolate... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Paleo Brussel Sprout Egg Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Punch 4.3/5 (38 Votes)