- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 5 tablespoons Morton’s Tender Quick
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- Half Recipe
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Morton’s Tender Quick
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
1. Combine water, liquid smoke, spices and Tender Quick.
2. Add beef and knead, mixing well.
3. Divide into logs 3-8 depending on desired size.
4. Wrap each log in heavy duty aluminum foil. Meat will be soft and moist so be sure to use heavy duty foil. Wrap tightly and seal ends.
5. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
6. Using a fork, make holes on the bottom of each log, about 1 inch apart.
7. Place rolls on the rack of a broiler pan with the holes on the bottom. Place hot water in the bottom of the broiler pan.
8. Bake in center of the oven at 325 for 2 hours.
9. Remove foil and set rolls on rack to drain and cool.
10. Cover and refrigerate up to 10 days or freeze.