Lighter Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat (2%) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Whisk the milk, yogurt, egg, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture until just blended. Stir in the blueberries.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)