Spicy Mongolian Beef
- • 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- • 1 medium brown onions, finely chopped
- • 1 medium carrots, finely chopped
- • 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- • 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- • 1 teaspoon sugar
- • 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- • 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- • 1/3 cup beef stock
- • 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- • 1/3 cup water
- • 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- • 500 g flank steak, finely sliced
- • eggs, lightly beaten
- • garlic clove, minced
- • red bell peppers, finely chopped
- • snow peas, chopped in half
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
Combine cornstarch with vinegar and half of the sauces.
Marinate beef in bowl with five spice, sugar, garlic, egg and sauce mixture for an hour (or as long as you've got).
Heat half the oil in a wok. Stir-fry beef in batches, leaving the excess marinade in the bowl. Set cooked beef aside.
Heat remaining oil in wok and stir-fry onion until soft. Add carrot and bell pepper and cook for a further minute, leaving the vegetables crispy.
Return beef to wok with broccoli and snow peas. Add the saved marinade, the rest of the sauces and the stock. Cook, stirring often, until sauce biols and thickens slightly.
Serve with your favourite type of rice or noodles.