Stuffed Roasted Veal With Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta
- 4 pounds veal breast
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Veal Forcemeat (see recipe)
- 4 very thin slices pancetta
- Butchers twine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fettuccine cooked until
- ten der and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 recipe Spicy Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bone and butterfly the veal breast. (Remove rib bones, breast bone, and cartilage.) Place the meat, skin-side down, and lightly pound out the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the forcemeat, evenly over the meat. Lay the slices of pancetta over the forcemeat.
Roll the veal breast and tie it in a cylinder, with the butchers twine. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and continue roasting. Roast to medium or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, about 45 to 50 minutes.
In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the cream and cheese, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the liquid thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 6 minutes.
Remove the roast and allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Remove the butchers twine and place on a carving board. Slice the veal into 1/2-inch pieces.
Mound the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Spoon the Spicy Tomato Sauce over the pasta. Lay several slices of the veal over the sauce. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Loin Of Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Potato Cake With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese-Vegetable Ravioli,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck And Noodle Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck And Sweet Corn Pozole With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Veal Cheeks Over Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Roulade With Crabmeat,... 0/5 (0 Votes)