Salmon With Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce And Chive Oil
- SATSUMA ORANGE BUTTER SAUCE:
- 4 salmon fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup satsuma juice
- 2 satsumas zested
- 1/4 cup julienned shallots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs - (to 3)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter cut small pieces
- CHIVE OIL:
- 2 bunches fresh chives
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
Season the salmon lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 4 minutes per side.
For the Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce: In a saucepan combine satsuma juice, zest, shallots, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, thyme, wine and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook until liquid has reduced by 3/4. Add heavy cream and continue to cook until liquid has reduced by half. Whisk in cold butter little by little, until sauce is smooth and thick and all butter is incorporated. Do not allow sauce to boil. Keep warm in a bain marie until ready to serve. (Makes about 2 cups)
For the Chive Oil: In a small saucepan blanch the chives in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove from water and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Pat dry on paper towels.
In a blender combine the chives with the vegetable oil, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix on high speed. Remove from the blender and pour into a small measuring cup.
Serve the chive oil at room temperature. The oil can be made up to 1 day in advance, and should be kept covered in the refrigerator. (Makes about 1 cup)
Serve the salmon topped with a light coating of the Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce, and a drizzle of Chive Oil.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Salmon Tartare With Oyster Mousse... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Chicken, Caramelized Onions,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Richards Chicken And Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portuguese Chicken, Lemon And Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mudahs Peach Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lump Crabmeat Beggars Purses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Custard Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Crawfish-Stuffed Chiles... 0/5 (0 Votes)