Chicken with olives and tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 18 black olives, drained, pitted, and chopped
- 3 T fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2 t fresh thyme, chopped
1.) marinate chicken in 2 T olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper for 30 to 60 minutes, turning often.
2.) preheat oven to 375
3.) in a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil
4.) add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
5.) add 1 T parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
6.) place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
7.) cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.