California tuna parmesan
- 4 4oz. fresh or frozen tuna steaks
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teas. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teas. salt
- 12 oz. asparagus
- 1 -5oz. package mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup finely shaved Parmesan cheese
Thaw tuna, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Finely shred 2 teas. peel from one of the lemons. Squeeze juice from lemon (about 1/3 cup); set aside. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lemon peel and juice, oil, pepper, and salt; set aside. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges; set aside.
Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tab. of the dressing. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse tuna; pat dry with paper towels. In a large skillet heat 1 tab. over med. heat. Add tuna steaks; cook for 8 to 12 mintues or rare if you like, browned and center of tuna is slightly pink.
Divide greens among serving plates; top with tuna steaks and asparagus. Drizzle remaining dressing over all. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
377 cal., 26 g. fat (5 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 312 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 4 g fiber, 31 g protein
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (485 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)