Sweet Potato Pancakes With Honey Pecan from The Wave-Disney
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (from about 1 small sweet potato)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
Adapted from magicalrecipes.net
Preheat oven to 225°F.
Sift flour into a large bowl.
Add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and whisk until combined.Combine milk, brown sugar, sweet potato, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; whisk until well blended.
Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and stir until just blended.
Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface.
If using an electric skillet, preheat to 350°F.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet.
Cook on first side until tops bubble and sides look dry; flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and place into preheated oven to keep warm.
Repeat process with remaining batter.
Stir together butter, honey and pecans in a medium bowl.
Top pancakes with honey-pecan butter, and serve immediately.