Toast to the firework with these Patriotic Margaritas.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 ounce of silver tequila
- 1 ounce of orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedge
- Colored sugar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
To make simple syrup, mix sugar and water in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, about 1 hour. Pour syrup into glass jar, cover jar and refrigerate until needed. 1 1/4 cups (use 1 tablespoon per margarita).
To prepare cocktail, add cranberry juice, tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, simple syrup and lemon juice to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake. Rub rim of martini glass with lemon wedge; dip in sugar. Strain cocktail into glass.
You'll also love
- Five-Cheese Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Mint Candy Filled Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crack Cake 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Pecan Caramel Ice Cream 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Peach Smoothies 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Candy Cane... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Muddled Screwdrivers 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Guacamole Onion Rings 4.7/5 (10 Votes)