HG's Not-So-Teeny Eggplant Rollatini
Serving Size: 2 rolls (1/4th of recipe)
PointsPlus® value 7*
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese (or HG Alternative)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups low-fat marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets and a 9" X 13" baking pan with nonstick spray.
Lay eggplant slices on the baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Flip slices. Bake until soft, about 10 more minutes. Leave oven on.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, thoroughly mix spinach, ricotta cheese, basil, egg substitute, garlic, pepper, and salt.
Lay eggplant slices in front of you with the short sides on the top and bottom. Distribute spinach-ricotta mixture among the bottoms of the eggplant slices. Roll up each slice around the mixture, and place them in a single layer in the baking dish, seam sides down.
Cover rolls with marinara sauce. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle rolls with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese has melted, 10 - 15 minutes. Serve it up!