Duck And Sweet Corn Pozole With Foie Gras
- 1 pound foie gras
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound duck meat cubed 1" pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin or more to taste
- 1/2 cup zucchini brunoise
- 1/2 cup yellow squash brunoise
- 1/2 cup carrots brunoise
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 quarts rich duck stock
- 2 cups cooked white hominy rinsed, drained
- 2 cups blanched sweet corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes juiced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Divide foie gras in half. Slice 1 portion into 6 slices, wrap well in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated. Cut remaining portion into 1/2-inch pieces.
In a large pot render the foie gras pieces with the olive oil until only crispy bits remain and all fat is rendered. Remove the foie bits with a slotted spoon or skimmer and set aside (reserve).
Add duck meat and sear well on all sides. Add onions and cumin and continue to cook until onions are soft and have begun to caramelize, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow squash and carrots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add jalapeños and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add duck stock and drained hominy and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Add blanched corn and cook for 10 minutes.
In a very hot skillet sear foie gras slices briefly on both sides until golden brown. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Add cilantro and reserved foie gras bits to pozole and season with lime juice and salt and pepper. Serve immediately, topped with 1 piece of seared foie gras.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Crispy Sweetbreads With White Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Crabmeat Ravioli With A... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Oysters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash And Eggs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Veal Cheeks Over Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Duck A Lorange 0/5 (0 Votes)