Blood Orange, Radicchio, Endive And Olive Salad
- 3 blood oranges
- 1 medium radicchio head leaves separated
- 1 bunch fresh arugula tough stems removed
- 1/2 red onion cut thin slices
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, such as
- dry cured or Kalamata
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or sherry wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Cut off both ends of the oranges, then cut away the peel and bitter white pith. Over a small bowl to catch the juices, cut between the membrane and flesh to remove the orange segments.
On a large serving plate decoratively arrange the radicchio and arugula, alternating the colors, then top with the onions, orange segments and olives.
Whisk the olive oil and vinegar with the reserved orange juice to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the salad. Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)