Belon Oysters With Champagne-Chervil Mignonette And Beluga Caviar
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 12 Belon or other small salty oysters on half shell
- 1 ounce Beluga caviar
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the oysters and caviar and chill for at least 15 minutes for the flavors to marry into the mignonette.
Place the oysters on a decorative plate. Spoon a small amount of Mignonette over each oyster and top with a dollop of caviar.
This recipe yields 12 oysters.