Fresh Strawberry Cake
This fresh and fruity strawberry cake is easy to prepare and is always a huge hit at our house!
- 1 box vanilla, white or yellow cake mix
- 1 box strawberry Jell-O mix, 3 ounces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 block 4 oz cream cheese, 4 ounces
- softened; 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Give your strawberries a good rinse then gently dry them with a paper towel.
Remove the stems and dice them up.
Then stick them in a plastic Ziploc bag and start crushing them up using a rolling pin or other heavy object. This will probably take you a minute or two.
In the bowl, combine cake mix with strawberry gelatin powder. Mix until combined.
Then stir in your oil, eggs and water.
Once that is combined, add in 1 cup of your smooshed strawberries.
You will want to gently stir those in by hand.
Then pour batter into baking dish.
Bake for about 30-33 minutes.
Oven times do vary so to make sure it is done, stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it is good to go. Allow cake to cool completely before adding frosting.
To make the frosting, mix together your softened butter and softened cream cheese.
It's easiest if you have an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and creamy and lump-free.
Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
Mix until smooth and creamy.
Slather frosting onto cooled cake. Then slice and serve. If there are any leftovers, you'll want to cover it and put into the fridge.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Roasted Okra 3.9/5 (150 Votes)
- Cherry-Chocolate Crème Brûlée 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Classic Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Manhattan Roulade 4.2/5 (74 Votes)
- Lemon Iced Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)