Warm Zucchini Bread
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely-shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-chopped lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8- by 4- by 2-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, oil, and sugar. Cream the mixture until smooth. Sift the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Add the egg to the creamed mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the sifted flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time until all is incorporated, and the batter is smooth.
Squeeze and drain the shredded zucchini. Fold zucchini, walnuts, and lemon zest into batter.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes until golden brown or when skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the bread, warm, with butter.
This recipe yields 1 loaf.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)