Beef-Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Glazed Banana Slices 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crunch Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CRISPY HERBED POTATOES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn Beef Mousse , Eileen Trott 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Skinny Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Smoked Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Tart With Crumbled... 4/5 (1 Votes)