Strawberry Ricotta Crepes
Reminds me of having a weekend breakfast on a veranda overlooking the estate - strawberry ricotta crepes! Serve with some thick cut bacon for the perfect brunch.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, optional
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodbabbles.com
In a medium sauce pan, combine strawberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (if using). Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until strawberries begin to break down. Smoosh them a bit with a fork. Continue simmering until syrupy. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together ricotta and powdered sugar with a hand mixer or whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Slowly, incorporate the dry ingredients alternating with the milk. Mix until smooth. Stir in the olive oil.
Spray an 8-inch frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of the crepe batter to the pan and turn in a circular motion, evenly distributing the batter in the pan. Cook until the outside edge of the crepe is lightly golden; then flip the crepe and cook the other side, about 2 minutes total.
Slide the cooked crêpe onto a plate. Dollop the ricotta mixture down center of crepe then gently roll, seam side down. Top with strawberry compote. Repeat with remaining batter, ricotta and strawberries.
You'll also love
- Panipopo - Sweet coconut buns 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Crispy Garlic Eggplant Fries 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Orange Resolution Smoothies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Pineapple Daiquiri 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Roast Turkey with Truffle Butter... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crash Potatoes - Two ways 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- The Best Cake Donuts 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake 3.9/5 (264 Votes)