Tex Mex Squash Casserole
- 7 medium yellow summer squash, sliced (about 10 cups)
- 2 (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine squash, 3/4 cup cheese, onion, chilies and jalapenos. Sprinkle with flour and salt; toss to combine.
2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
3. Spoon salsa over top; sprinkle with remaining 1-1/4 cups cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with green and red onions before serving. Yield: 10 servings.