Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Exquisite cheesecake with the taste of banana pudding or banana foster
- 1/1 /2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 17 vanilla wafers
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP light brown sugar
- 3- 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed vanilla wafers
1. Preheat oven to 35. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Press mixture onto bottom of a greased and floured 9 inch springform pan. Stand 17 vanilla wafers around edge of pan (rounded sides against pan, pressing gently into crust to secure. Bake 1 minutes
2. Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small sauce pan. Stir in brown sugar. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constnatly, 1 minute or just until sugar has dissolved.
3. Breat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating untl blended. Addd eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gently stir banan mixtuer into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
4. Bake at 250 for 45 to 55 minutes or unbtil center is almost set. Remove cheese cake from oven, gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Sprinkle top of cheesecake with coarsely crushed wafers. Cool Completely on a wire rak (about 1 hour. Cover and chill 8 hours.