- 1/2 lb. hot Italian Sausage or hamburger
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/3 cup packaged Italian Bread Crumbs (plain with 1 tsp salt)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella shredded
1. Cook zucchini in boiling salted water in a large skillet 10 minutes. Drain, scrape out insides and leave a 1/4 inch shell.
2. Mash insides and drain well.
3. Put shells in a shallow baking dish.
4. Cook sausage in same skillet for 5 minutes. Add onioons and garlic and saute until tender about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in mashed zucchini and bread crums. Spoon mixture into shells and sprinkle with cheese.
(if using hamburger, add 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning)