- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup no-salt-added or low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tahini (or 3 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds pureed with 1/4 cup water)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from drfuhrman.com
In a nonstick skillet, water sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms soften and lose their moisture. Add lemon juice, tarragon and paprika and mix well.
Blend vegetable broth and tahini. (Heating the broth makes blending easier.)
Pour over mushroom mixture and mix well. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly or until desired consistency.
Delicious served over smashed steamed cauliflower, parsnips or baked potato or on a bed of steamed kale or spinach.