This fondue recipe is from the kitchen of Ben and Julie. The fresh thyme adds a wonderful depth of flavor to this traditional cheese fondue.
- 1/2 bottle white wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook wine, garlic clove, onion, pepper and thyme until reduced by nearly 3/4 of the way in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add flour and heavy cream and cool until thick over low heat.
Add cheese slowly until completely dissolved.
Add more cheese of fondue is too thin. Add more heavy cream if too thick.
Keep warm and serve with your favorite breads, fruits and vegetables.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pie Creme Brulee 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Pasta Bake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Classic Salsa Verde 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Crown Roast of Pork with Apple,... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- S'more Chewy No Bake Granola Bars 5/5 (3 Votes)
- April Fools' Lasagna:... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- April Fools' Bagel: Doughnut... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate Shortbread Footballs 4.8/5 (19 Votes)