Mexican Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno , seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (optional)
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, chili and cumin and sauté 30 seconds.
Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
I add the monterey jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)