Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
- 4 halibut fillets - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices prosciutto ham
- 2 large Idaho potatoes peeled, passed
- through turning mandoline, soaked water
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce (see recipe)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mustard over each fillet, covering completely. Wrap each fillet with 2 pieces of the proscuitto ham.
Drain the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the potatoes into 4 equal piles. Wrap each fillet with one pile of the potatoes, tightly. Cover the potatoes with a damp cloth until ready to use. Repeat the process until all of the fillets are crusted.
In a large, oven-proof saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, carefully lay the fillets in the hot oil. Pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, or until the crust is golden. Flip the fillets over and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the oven.
To serve, spoon the Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce in the center of each plate. Place the crusted fillets in the center of the sauce. Garnish with chives. Serve immediately
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Potato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pastrami Spice-Encrusted Venison... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Lump... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Overstuffed Pumpkin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli In A Fennel And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kicked-Up Smoked Salmon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Halibut In Saffron Broth,... 0/5 (0 Votes)