Paleo Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lbs. wild-caught shrimp, defrosted if frozen, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning (or a dash each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and oregano) I used the later plus a little ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or drippings from bacon
- 1 package of bacon
1) If using wooden skewers, soak in warm water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pre-cook bacon gently in a large skillet over medium heat until about half cooked. You want it still pliable to get it on the skewers. Toss shrimp with oil and seasonings and let sit at room temp. Preheat grill (if gas, turn on high for 10 minutes; if charcoal, light and wait until coals are white and hot).
2) When bacon has cooled enough to handle, start skewer with the top of a bacon slice, then a shrimp (through the body and tail, like a cent sign ¢, for easy turning), then pull the bacon slice around the shrimp and skewer the bacon, then repeat with another shrimp until the whole bacon slice is skewered. You’ll want to keep everything at the front of the skewer as you do this, then once you have an entire bacon slice on there, push everything to the back of the skewer. I promise it will make sense when you do it!
3) When grill is ready, throw those skewers on there. Keep an eye on them though, because the bacon grease can start some serious flare-ups. No burned shrimp! If you’re having too much trouble with it, move the skewers to a safer location on the grill away from flames.
4) Flip skewer after 3 minutes, or when nice grillmarks appear. Wait another 3 minutes, then check for doneness. Bacon should be cooked and shrimp should be pink and firm, but not shriveled and chewy
You'll also love
- Penne with Rich Pork and Tomato... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Machine Shed Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ensalada de Bacalao (Codfish Salad) 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- BBQ Short Ribs - Beef Flanken 3.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Marinade for Longhorn Grilled... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Ceviche de Camaron: Shrimp Ceviche... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER BACON JAM 4/5 (3 Votes)
- BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)