BBQ Chickpea and Crispy Polenta Bowls with Asparagus + Ranch Hummus
- Ranch Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini/great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons tahin
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 rounded tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 pound) tube polenta, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups fresh arugula, spinach or your favorite greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2-4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
To make the hummus add the beans, tahini, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, dill, onion powder, chives, pepper and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Puree the mixture until smooth, scrapping down the sides if necessary. With the machine running stream in the olive oil until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the bowls, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the asparagus in a roasting pan or on a baking baking sheet and toss with the 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender and crisp. Remove and chop into thirds.
While asparagus are roasting, add the BBQ sauce, creole seasoning, cajun seasoning and a pinch of cayenne to a glass measuring cup. Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and toss with half the BBQ sauce or enough to completely coat the chickpeas. Reserve the remaining sauce.
Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the polenta slices. Let them sit undisturbed for 5 minutes. Flip and sear another 5, or until lightly crisped and golden on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
To the skillet add the chickpea mixture and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the BBQ sauce has a thick + sticky coating over the chickpeas. Remove from the heat and stir in one more tablespoon of the BBQ sauce.
To assemble place some arugula in the bottom of you bowls. Add the warm + crispy polenta rounds. asparagus, tomatoes, warm BBQ chickpeas and avocado slices. Add a dollop of the Ranch Hummus and sprinkle the cheddar cheese or parmesan cheese on top. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
You'll also love
- Spicy Punjabi Eggplant with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Rolls (Klobasnek) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan White Beans, with Extra... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Charred Asparagus with Shaved... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pecan Salmon with Lentil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Split Pea & Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)