- 1/2 (18-oz.) package reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 qt. fat-free or low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt (do not substitute ice cream)
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Garnishes: fresh strawberry slices, edible flowers, Strawberry Sauce
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 285mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process cookies and butter in a food processor until finely chopped. Firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
2. Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
3. Process strawberries, powdered sugar, and mint in food processor until strawberries are pureed, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
4. Place frozen yogurt in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture into yogurt until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Note: We tested with Publix Low Fat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt and Reduced Fat Oreo cookies.