Penne with Turkey & Broccolini
- 3/4 pound penne
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 bunch broccolini (9 oz.) tough ends trimmed, stalks, and florets chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
1.In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne until al dente, 11 to 13 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp. water, cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3.Lower the heat to medium, add the remaining EVOO and the onion and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Push the onion to the side of the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and crumble in the turkey; season. Cook, stirring, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4.Add the pasta, broccolini and three-quarters of the reserved pasta water to the turkey; toss well. Add the remaining pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
You'll also love
- Fettuccine-and-Asparagus al Burro 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Radishes with Soy and Sesame... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Linguini with shrimp, artichokes,... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Sliders w/ Horseradish Cream 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gingery Pork & Bok Choy Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese Bake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Butter-Rubbed Turkey with an Apple... 5/5 (2 Votes)