Lobster Ravioli In A Fennel And Chervil-Infused Nage
- 2 celery ribs roughly chopped
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 live lobsters - (1 1/2 to 2 lbs ea)
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh fennel bulb fronds and upper stems reserved
- 3 tablespoons minced chervil or parsley
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup minced shallots or onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 36 wonton or egg roll wrappers
In a large pot place 1 gallon of water and the celery, onion, carrot, lemon and orange juices, peppercorns, thyme, parsley, garlic, bay leaves, white wine and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer, then add the lobsters and poach for 9 minutes. Remove the lobsters from the water with tongs and drain. When cool enough to handle, remove the lobster meat and claw meat from the shells, finely chop and set aside, reserving the shells.
Into a clean pot strain the cooking liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Add the lobster shells and bring to a boil over high heat and reduce by half. Add the fronds and upper stems from the fennel bulb and reduce again by half (should be between 2 and 3 cups). Strain the liquid again into a clean saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the chervil, cream, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest to the pan and season to taste. Remove sauce from the heat and cover.
In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and sauté the fennel, shallots and garlic until soft. Add the chopped lobster meat and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and remaining lemon zest and butter to the pan and stir to incorporate, then pour onto a plate to cool.
On a flat surface spread out 18 won ton wrappers and spoon 1 tablespoon of lobster filling into the center of each. Brush a little water on the outer rim of the filled wrapper and top a wrapper. Press gently around the filling and the edges of the wrappers to seal. (Ravioli may be refrigerated at this point, covered tightly, until ready to use, up to 2 hours.)
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, drop in the ravioli in batches and cook for 30 seconds. Drain thoroughly and place 3 ravioli in the center of each serving plate, and coat with the sauce.
This recipe yields 18 ravioli, serving 6 as an appetizer.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Crockpot Ravioli Casserole 4.3/5 (308 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes With Red Beet And... 0/5 (0 Votes)