Betty Jeanne's Spinach Mushroom Cheese Loaf
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup raw cheese grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Wash spinach very well or it will be gritty.
Cook in tightly covered pot using only water on leaves until limp.
Place in colander and press all juice out. chop spinach.
In large fry pan melt butter add mushrooms and bacon bits, sun flower seeds and saute till tender.
Beat 6 eggs in large bowl add bread crumbs 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, spinach and 2/3 mushrooms mix well.
Beat remaining 2 eggs in medium bowl add cottage cheese and rest of Worcestershire sauce. Place half of spinach in 8 X 12 baking dish
Put cheese mixture over it put other 1/2 spinach and cover with cheese.
Place remaining mushrooms on top
Bake 350 for 30 minutes let sit for 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cobbler, Georgia Peach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Squash Rounds with Shallot-Cider... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Crispy Leeks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Salmon With White Beans and... 0/5 (0 Votes)