Curry Turkey Salad
- TOASTED CROUTONS:
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise - (to 1 1/2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound roasted turkey meat diced
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless green grapes cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2 heads radicchio lettuce cored, and thinly sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 French bread loaf
- Olive oil
For Toasted Croutons: Slice French bread on the bias into 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick slices. Brush with olive oil. Grill or broil until golden.
Stir together, mango chutney, curry powder, and enough mayonnaise to your desired taste. Season with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey meat, rice, grapes, almonds, and red onions. Add dressing. Mix well.
In a small mixing bowl, toss the radicchio with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
To serve, lay the radicchio in the center of each serving plate. Mound the turkey salad on top of radicchio. Place the croutons around the salad. Garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.