Creole Relish Tray
- 1/2 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1/2 pound celery cut 3" pieces
- 1 jar Kalamata olives packed in vinegar brine
- and olive oil - (16 oz)
- 1 jar pickled peperoncini - (11 1/2 oz)
- 1 jar pickled hot cherry peppers - (16 oz)
- 1 jar pickled imported Spanish Queen olives
- stuffed with pimientos - (10 oz)
- 1 jar pickled Holland cocktail onions - (8 oz)
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 recipe White Cheddar Cracker Croutons (see recipe)
Blanch the green beans and carrots separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, and shock in ice water to cool.
Put all of the ingredients in a large glass bowl. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly with the olive oil. Refrigerate for 8 hours.
Serve in shallow glass dishes with the crackers.
This recipe yields about 12 servings.