ShavedAsparagus and Carrots with Mint and Toasted Pecans
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and ends removed
- 8 asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
- 2 tsp fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from huffintonpost.com
Heat the oven to 350º. In a small baking pan, toast the pecans for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant.
Meanwhile, using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, thinly shave equal amounts of carrots and asparagus into ribbons.
Toss with mint, olive oil, and vinegar.
Add the warm pecans and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.