Spring Onion Fritelle
Dinner is about more than just the main course, it's about the sides also. Try this one and see why. Calories per Serving: 150
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Seltzer Water (chilled) or room temp
- 1/2 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 4 Bunches Spring Onions or Scallions (whites and about 2 inches of greens sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, seltzer water, cheese, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine. Cover, and let rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
Remove the batter from the fridge and stir in the spring onions.
In a 12-to-14 inch cast iron or nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and drop tablespoons of batter into the hot oil to make 2-inch pancakes. Cook until golden brown on the first side, then flip to brown on the other side. Once they are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the fritelle to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Sprinkle with salt to taste, serve immediately.
Can make batter and let it sit over night--can add or substitute any
shredded veg or seasoning.