Peanut Energy Bars
A tasty snack!
- 1/2 cup of dry, roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, or other chopped nuts
- 2 cups raisins, or other chopped dried fruit, cranberries
- 2 cups rolled or instant oats
- 2 cups roasted rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ, (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter or more
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (optional)
- coconut flakes
Coat an 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray. Combine peanuts, sunflower seeds , raisins, oats, rice cereal and wheat germ in a large bowl. Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and honey in a large microwaveable bowl; microwave on High until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press down firmly. (it helps to coat your fingers with cooking spray) Let stand for about 1 hour to harden. Cut into bars.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap in plastic and keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature.