Cranberry Bread Pudding
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cranberry Compote II or sauce (see recipe)
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted, and rough chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 slices day-old brioche, French bread or other white bread crusts removed, and cut into 1/2" cubes (abt 4 cups)
- Bourbon Spiced Cream (see recipe)
- Shaker of confectioners sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6-cup (9 1/4- by 5 1/4- by 2 3/4-inch) loaf pan with butter.
Whisk together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and cranberry sauce until very smooth. Stir in half-and-half. bread and pecans. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the pudding is set in the center, about 55 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
To serve, cut the pudding into 1-inch thick slices. Top with the Bourbon Spiced Cream. Garnish with confectioners sugar and mint.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)