Guacamole from the Golden Door Spa in Escondido, CA. Tastes great, but lower fat.
- 2-1/2 ounces fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 ounce onions (2 tablespoons ), diced into small pieces
- 1 small tomato, diced into small pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or shaved
- 3-1/4 ounces avocados (1 small avocado), stone and skin removed
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or lemon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 to 3 drops chili sauce, to taste
Place fresh or frozen peas in boiling water and blanch just long enough to bring out bright green color.
Drain and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro. Set aside.
In blender, pulse avocado pulp, blanched peas, nonfat yogurt, lime juice, and water.
Add chili sauce to taste.
Fold avocado mixture into onion / tomato / cilantro mixture.
Chill. Serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.