Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- FOR THE BREAD:
- 1/2 cups Butter
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 1-1/2 cup All-pupose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cups Milk
- 1-1/2 cup Blueberries (up To 2 Cups, Which I Prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 2 whole Egg Whites
- 1/4 cups White Sugar
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Water
Adapted from thekeenancookbook.com
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, egg and orange zest; beat until smooth. (Be sure to use the measurements found under filling for these.) Set aside.
Stir together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
For the bread:
Cream butter and sugar (1/2 cup) until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla.
Add egg yolks (save the egg whites as you’ll need them later) to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
In another bowl, combine flour (1 1/2 cups) and baking powder.
Add this mixture, alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture.
Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add them to the batter.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
Add sugar (1/4 cup), 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
Fold egg whites into batter.
Pour 1/2 of the batter (or a little less) into a floured and greased bread pan.
Layer the filling over the batter and then finish with remainder of batter.
This will create a layer of “cheesecake” between the blueberry batter.
Pour glaze over top of unbaked loaf and bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)