Spicy BBQ Shrimp Recipe
- 2 pounds large shrimp, uncooked, pull the skin/ tails off
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (or ketchup)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- "dash" of Dave's insanity super-hot sauce (be careful !)
- Add more Dave's and/or chili powder of you like very spicy
1.In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the shrimp. Let sit overnight at room temperature in a tupperware container, shaking oil with flavor. Dip each shrimp in the marinade to full coat, and then put all the shrimp and marinade in a container and put in the fridge or just do all the above at once.
2.While preheating your bbq grill, skewer shrimp. Put on the grill for a few minutes, flipping once. You should not have to brush w/ marinade. Serve over rice, pasta, or as-is.