Mexican Corn Bake
- 10 ears fresh Corn, or 10 cups of frozen corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced, or if you want it spicy keep the seeds in
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- the zest from 1 Lime
- juice from 1/2 a Lime
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend + 1/2 teaspoon for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Butter, cold and sliced into thin pieces
- 6 ounces Queso Fresco Cheese
Adapted from eat2gather.net
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Husk and clean corn, cut kernels off the cobs into a large bowl.
2. Add red onion, red pepper, and jalapeno pepper to corn and combine.
3. In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning blend, and smoked paprika.
4. Fold mayonnaise mixture in to the corn making sure everything is covered with sauce. Crumble 1/2 of the queso fresco cheese in with the corn and mix well.
5. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish place butter slices evenly across top of corn, sprinkle with remaining queso fresco cheese and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning over top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour uncovered.