Apple Dapple Cake
Moist, spicy, and full of hunks of fruit, this Apple Dapple Cake will be a favorite way to get your daily dose of apple.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Stir in apples.
Spread the batter in a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
Combine the brown sugar, butter, and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until bubbly and all of the sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
Drizzle warm over cake when it has cooled for 5 minutes, so it can seep into the cake and keep it moist and completely irresistible.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Shrimp with Penne Pasta 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Raspberry Filled Palmiers 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pineapple Kasekuchen (German... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pies 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Baileys Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle 4.5/5 (27 Votes)