- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in and skin-on)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBLs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch ramps
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes (sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick ovals)
- 4-6 baby carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dill (chopped)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 425F.
In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and the chicken thighs, skin-side down. Don't touch the chicken until the skin releases from the surface of the pan, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate, then add the ramps, carrots and potatoes to the dutch oven. Deglaze the pan with wine and stock, then season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add dill, and lemon juice and zest. Return chicken to dutch oven and simmer until cooked through (about 15-20 mins.), or place in conventional oven to finish.