Hash Brown Casserole
Made famous by Cracker Barrel, this cheesy potato casserole is a great side dish for any kind of meat. Frozen hash browns make it a snap to throw together.
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen hash browns (I used diced variety)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (can use 98% FF)
- 1/3 cup finely minced onion
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups grated or shredded Colby cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Melt the margarine in a small bowl in the microwave; set aside to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the soup, half of the cheese, onion, salt, pepper, and melted margarine. With a spatula, gently fold in the potatoes just until combined.
Spoon the potato mixture into the baking pan. Spread out evenly but don't pack it down.
Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until center potatoes are done.
Top with remaining cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes to melt.