Classic Banana Split
- 8 large bananas
- 1 recipe Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Chocolate Ice Cream (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Caramel Sauce II (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Chocolate Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups macerated strawberries
- 2 cups whipped sweetened cream
- 1 cup roasted peanuts crushed
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
Peel each banana and split in half, lengthwise and place each banana in shallow serving bowls. For each serving, place a scoop of each ice cream over the sliced banana. Drizzle each scoop of ice cream with one of the three different sauces. Garnish with strawberries, a dollop of whipped cream, sprinkle of the nuts and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.