Baked Tortellini with Spring Onions and Asparagus
It's spring and that means fresh asparagus and spring onions. Combine these ingredients with tortellini and you've got a dish your family will love.
- 5 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 cup Marzolino Cheese (grated)
- 2 packages Store-bought Tortellini
- Parmigiano Reggiano (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup Blanched Asparagus (shaved)
- 1/4 cup spring onions (thinly sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Can substitute Pecorino or Fontina or any semi-soft sheep's cheese.
In a medium saucepan, heat the butter until melted. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
In a separate pan, heat the milk until just about to boil. Slowly add the milk and marzolino to the butter mixture, whisking continuously until very smooth and bring to a boil. Cook 30 seconds longer and remove from the heat. Season with salt and nutmeg.
Preheat oven to 425F.
In a large mixing bowl add cooked tortellini. Pour in balsamella sauce, onions and asparagus and mix until pasta is coated.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of olive oil around bottom and sides of a 9x9 casserole dish. Pour the tortellini in the casserole dish. Grate parmigiano reggiano over the tortellini and transfer to oven.
Bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Take casserole out of the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)